Sunday, November 2, 2008

Opportunities for learning all around us

We will live in a fairly rural area I would say. Quite often there is a rodeo going on just down the road from us and right across the street from the subdivision we live in there are crops growing year round. Right now cotton is being harvested. We have taken advantage of learning about how cotton grows, what it looks like, to even checking out the great big bails of cotton.


Finally after living here for over three years I stopped by the rodeo on the way home from Daniel's T-ball game and we watched some team calf roping.
However, the highlight for the kids was to pet some horses and feed them some hay.


There are so many opportunities to learn and marvel at all this world, God created, has to offer us. We just have to take the time to take advantage of them, which I am guilty of not doing enough. Life through a child's eyes is so much more fulfilling because of the pleasure and wonderment they get out of simple things.

4 comments:

Christina Beach said...

I love the simple moments to teach children. You do such a great job of finding those opportunities!! I need to get over to that rodeo as well...I still have not been to one, ever!

Emily said...

You are such a great mom! You always take the time to teach your kids and spend quality time with them. Good job!

Christina Beach said...

Hey Charity, I just wanted to share the link I was talking about to create a blog book: http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook. It is a cute site!:)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Remind me of where you are at again!!! I remember Cotton harvesting in Safford when I was little!