Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The insanity of mornings

As if mornings aren't crazy enough let's add a little comic relief to the mix. It was one of the mornings when I hit the snooze button at least three times, but shouldn't have because of all the things I needed to get done. Well, that's how the day started with me being tired and running around trying to make up lost time. I was expecting company so not only did I want to have my house clean but I had the usual morning rush of getting the kids off to school as well as cleaning up a kitchen that was a mess from the night before (which I am just sure no one else is guilty of). So there I am loading my dishwasher like a mad woman, fixing children's hair in between, reminding children to hurry and eat and brush their teeth (so they can get to the bus on time) and getting the children I babysit settled when I knock over a glass and it shatters all over the floor. This was just not the opportune time for such an accident. I didn't have time for this. So this was my thought process, "just finish loading the dishwasher and start it, then get the kids off to school and contain the other children at the table, then clean up the glass." Sounds like a good plan, right? Well, it would have worked except that when the door bell rang from one my daycare kids I took off my rubber gloves and laid them on my gas stove. Rushing back to put my thoughtfully laid out plan into action. I stepped on a piece of glass, lost my balance and fell hitting the stove with my hand and turning on the burner which then immediately set my rubber gloves on fire. So I had to put out the fire and then remove the glass from my foot and send the kids off to the bus. What a morning and oh the aroma of burnt rubber, it just filled the air. So here's to crazy mornings and finding the humor (after the fact, of course!)

6 comments:

Christina Beach said...

Oh, Charity! You POOR thing!! I am so sorry for you. You are awesome to find humor in it already!! Way to keep your head up!! What a catastrophe in the making. And who doesn't love the smell of freshly toasted gloves??!! Sorry about your morning.

Stephanie said...

What a morning! I'm glad you can laugh about it! I'm glad you are okay!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a crazy morning. Hopefully you can just laugh about it now:)

Nicole said...

Wow- what an "adventure"!!!!Glad you are okay!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Ooooh Chairty-it does not sound too funny to me...but maybe b/c I really know how stressful those mornings are...however the turn of events do sound like a cartoon, that many things setting off the toerh things. I am glad you did not get stitches and burn down your house!!!!

Anne said...

You've got to train those kids to get the camera and take a picture in the middle of one of YOUR moments! I sure hope that doesn't happen too often!