Monday, November 17, 2008

"For crying out loud"

Okay, so this is what you do when you have a lot of crying going on in your house and you feel like following suit. First you make the announcement there will be no more crying because this is not a crying party. Second, you announce that we are having a dancing party and then turn on some dance tunes and dance, dance, dance. Smiles are bound to emerge. Then you look in the fridge and find some week old pudding left over from FHE and put the kids at the table for edible art. Let them go to town painting their pudding masterpieces and then feed them. After all the mess making is complete clean up the transformed bunch and put them to bed for a nap or if they don’t nap put on a movie for some quiet time. Oh the peace of quiet!!!




6 comments:

Christina Beach said...

I bet they loved every minute! Way to overcome the cry party!!:)

Nicole said...

What a great idea!!!!! This is now on my to do list! I've also heard ketchup and mustard work if you don't have pudding :)

Stephanie said...

You are good! I would have just started crying! :-)

The Rollins said...

That's a great idea. Those days when all the kids are crying at once are tough. I'll try your tactics next time.

Danielle said...

Charity, I love you! You are such a good mom and example! I will have to remember that, when my kids are freakin' out just start dancing.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Smart idea to make them shirtless from the beginning. I still have not learned that concept after 4--I always let thme stain thier clothes first and THEN I tell myself I am never doing it again. If pudding really works for crying--I am buying it in bulk baby!