Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Pics

Before it gets too far away I am going to post the kids' Halloween pictures. Trick-or-treating was a highly anticipated event. However Austin fell asleep (like he did last year) and I had to wake him up as Keith had to work that night so I could take my other children. Austin was not very happy about it. Putting on the costume took quite an effort and there was no way he was walking. In fact the whole trek he sat in his stroller, even while at the door gathering treats. We did manage to get some "trick-or-treat"s out of him and "thank you".
Carissa dressed up as a veterinarian

Daniel was a mummy ( as if you couldn't tell)
Ariana, the cheerleader
And Austin the irritable ol' pirate
I do have to tell a cute story about Austin. Originally Daniel wanted to be a pirate so Austin wanted to be a pirate too. Well, Daniel decided later he wanted to be a mummy. Needing to pinch pennies I thought I could put the costume together with a torn up sheet. So a couple of days before we did a trial dress up to see if I could make it work. As I was wrapping Daniel up and the other children were oohing and awing about Daniel being a mummy. Austin then announces he wants to be a daddy for halloween. The kids say to him "you mean a daddy mummy" and he says "no, I want to be a daddy." So I say "well lets wrap you up like a daddy." I no sooner get started than he says, "Take it off, take it off!" I unwrap him as he is helping to get out as fast as he can. I then ask him if he wants to be a pirate instead and he says "no, I just want to be a kid" and runs away.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute costumes!

Christina Beach said...

I love the costumes!! That is funny that Austin was wanting to be done with costumes!