Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catching up

Well, I am not good at this blogging thing yet. I haven't figured out when to do it that is convenient or how set it up with all the cute stuff that everyone else has. That aside I am going to make a renewed effort since I first set it up in Dec! So first things first I have to catch up on what I we have been doing for the past 6 months. Well, Ariana turned 5 in January ( oh was she ever excited because she thought that meant that next day she got to start kindergarten and go to the ever anticipated Mrs. Baker's class--what a sad moment when she learned she had to wait for another 8 months).
Carissa turned eight and was baptized, how special that was for her. She is such a special little girl with an amazing desire to do what is right. I am so proud of her.
Daniel turned seven and has to test his limits all the time or maybe it's me he is testing to see if I will follow through. I am notorious for threatening to take away a privilege if the children aren't obedient. And it certainly stinks when I have to follow through. Like when I kept asking for a week for Daniel to clean up his room. Finally I didn't know what else to do to motivate him so I thought if I threatened him with no birthday presents and no birthday celebration with the family that he would rush to get it done. WRONG!! (we celebrate as a family on the actual day of the birthday and have a party with friends on the weekend of the birthday) I think I was more heartbroken that I had to follow through than he was, after all I had a nice evening planned and had presents I was excited to give him, but I had to be true to my word. But I tell you what when I asked him the next day to pick up his room or he was in danger of missing out on having a celebration with his friends he got his room cleaned. But that lesson has not been a lasting one, because we have to repeat the losing of privileges. Also I have been trying to potty train Austin and he is by far the most difficult of all of my children. My girls it was a matter of 1-2 weeks and Daniel took about a month before there were no accidents but Austin will do great for a couple of weeks and then decide he doesn't want to do it any more and will throw fits about sitting on the toilet. I have to admit it is getting better, meaning that he is more consistent about going and I battle maybe one day here and there. But I am going on 4 months now that I have been consistent with him and well he runs the show. And I thought I would be done with this toilet training business. (My girls were two and Daniel was two and a half and Austin is 2 and 9 months--Experience isn't always the greatest teacher!)

As far as activities go, Carissa had her dance recital. She was in two dance classes, ballet and rhythmic gymnastics. Ariana had her "Stepping up" ceremony from preschool and we had piano recitals for Daniel and Carissa. Our family went camping when school ended for the kids and Keith and we have taken trips to the children's museum and the wildlife museum and gone swimming. So I believe that will catch me up to the present. Now hopefully I can update more regularly and consistently.





1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Look how LONG your hair is!!!!! Your children are beautiful and not too far off of ages from my own!!! We are little Arizona buddies!!! I love getting caught up! Looks like you have the music and backgrounds down and everything!!!! Go blogging buddy!