Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lemons? How about poop?


When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!


Well, what do you do when life hands you a big heaping pile of poop?

 

I told a friend that I felt like I just got handed a big bowl of poop and she says now make something with it.  I thought for a minute what can you do with poop?  Well, I thought you can plant flowers.  So that’s what I said, “I’ll plant flowers.”  I have thought about that comment for some time now.  And you know we can do one of two things we can make something with what we have been dealt or we can sit there and it let stink up our lives.  I have encountered some very challenging circumstances in my life currently.  None that I truly imagined I would have to deal with, feared perhaps maybe, but never truly believed I would actually be going through it.  It has been difficult dealing with the stench but I have been pressing forward planting tiny seeds.  I have hope that from this experience I will be rewarded with a beautiful bouquet.  I know I have a lot of work ahead me but it is my faith that pushes me on.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the lessons we are taught.  There are many scriptures that come to mind about cultivating seeds to grow but the scripture that stands out is found in Moroni that relates to faith and how we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith.  Now it is hard to have faith that something good could come from a pile of poop but if we exercise that faith and plant a seed and cultivate it will grow into a beautiful flower.  As we see that growth we receive a witness of our faith and it becomes knowledge.  I know the Lord is my strength and is carrying me through this trial.  I am so grateful for all those who have heeded promptings to stop by and offer a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on or have made a phone call to check on me. I love the Lord and know I am not alone and it is through the errand of angels he meets the needs of his children. 

5 comments:

The Lusks said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. Just know that all of us are here in Utah thinking about you. We love you.

Stephanie said...

Okay, you just made me cry again! Charity, you are my hero. Your faith in the Lord and your wonderful insights truly amaze me. You have been so strong through this all. When I wanted to kick him in the teeth, you were worried about his eternal salvation and praying that he would eventually turn to God and repent and that he could be a good example for your kids. You are my example of how I need to be! We love you lots. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Thanks Charity. You are inspiring. Keep planting those flower seeds! And, if I can help plant any flowers let me know :).

Christina Beach said...

Hang in there Charity. You are remarkable for being able to deal with all of this. I am so sorry because you are such a true and giving person. I wish this didn't happen to you but I guess maybe instead it will bring you flowers after all. Thanks for your example of your strength in the Lord. Please don't hesitate to ask for help!! As Tiff said you don't have to plant those flowers alone!!:)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Charity!! What on earht is going on? I have not checked our blog for a little while--aaah! Can I help you? I am not too far away!